Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBAC

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi Experts,

I have a question and I know you guys can help me. :)

If we already configured the NBAC it is possible to reconfigure it? I mean just like turn off that feature and turn on?

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Yes - edit bp.conf and change USE_VXSS = PROHIBITED then re-start Netbackup.

On windows :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config and update USE_VXSS to PROHIBITED

Makre sure ALL processes are stopped - incuding bpcd and vnetd that usally run even with Netbackup stopped.

Upgrading Netbackup also require NBAC to be disabled.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Yes - edit bp.conf and change USE_VXSS = PROHIBITED then re-start Netbackup.

On windows :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config and update USE_VXSS to PROHIBITED

Makre sure ALL processes are stopped - incuding bpcd and vnetd that usally run even with Netbackup stopped.

Upgrading Netbackup also require NBAC to be disabled.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Nicolai,

is there a documentation or KB mentioning NBAC deactivation during upgrades? I always have issues with console logins after upgrading NetBackup with NBAC, and in the end NBAC resets are usually required .

Regards

Michal

watsons
Level 6

Reconfigure is different from reinstall, as well as reset, these terms sometimes confuse me... :) 

Anyway, Nicolai has got you the solution to disable/enable the NBAC function.

I used to have technote links of "how to uninstall NBAC from NBU environment" but they didn't seem to work anymore... Veritas must have removed them from being public. These days you have to call in and get the support to uninstall it if you want to, the steps were quite complicated as i recalled and could cause issue if not performed correctly. 

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

This was a recommendation from 7.1 until (at least) 7.5 - see link below. In NBU 8.x it seems that recommendation is removed.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH208526