cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBARS Folder growing

Aurelien59
Level 4

Hi all,

Since few weeks [...]Veritas\Netbackup\Logs\nbars is growing fast on our master server.

Each log file is now 51 200 ko. I dunno if it's this size which was already running before...

Can someone help me ? Maybe indicating where i should be able to change logs settings on the master server ?

edit : I just moved logs retention to 28 days (was set to 70)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

Run vxlogcfg to verify the logging level set for nbars.

<install_path>\NetBackup\bin\vxlogcfg -p nb -o nbars -l

If it shows up as DebugLevel and Diagnostic Level set to 6 turn it down by running the below command

<install_path>\NetBackup\bin\vxlogcfg -p nb -o nbars -a -s DebugLevel=1 -s DiagnosticLevel=6

That is the default logging level in NBU. You can put it down to Diagnostic Level 1 as well.

Apart from this OID we need to check logging for other OIDs as well because the log for nbars i.e. OID 362 not only contains information for this but also multiple other OIDs such as ncf(309), nbdisco(400), tao and corba(156), libraries(137) etc.

So in short check the nblog.conf file present under "<install_path>\NetBackup\" folder and reduce the logging level for any OIDs which are not required to Debug and Diagnostic 1 or the default DEbug 1 and Diagnostic6.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

Run vxlogcfg to verify the logging level set for nbars.

<install_path>\NetBackup\bin\vxlogcfg -p nb -o nbars -l

If it shows up as DebugLevel and Diagnostic Level set to 6 turn it down by running the below command

<install_path>\NetBackup\bin\vxlogcfg -p nb -o nbars -a -s DebugLevel=1 -s DiagnosticLevel=6

That is the default logging level in NBU. You can put it down to Diagnostic Level 1 as well.

Apart from this OID we need to check logging for other OIDs as well because the log for nbars i.e. OID 362 not only contains information for this but also multiple other OIDs such as ncf(309), nbdisco(400), tao and corba(156), libraries(137) etc.

So in short check the nblog.conf file present under "<install_path>\NetBackup\" folder and reduce the logging level for any OIDs which are not required to Debug and Diagnostic 1 or the default DEbug 1 and Diagnostic6.

Very later. Thank you :)