Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBCC - CONSISTENCY_ERROR Integ_5_2

Szyman
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Hi All,

As a preparation for upgrade from NetBackup 5.1 to 6.5.4 I have performed catalog consistency check. Of course my catalog is not consistent. Currently I have error "CONSISTENCY_ERROR Integ_5_2". Does anyone know what are explanations of errors returned by NBCC? Does anyone have list of catalog consistency errors?

regards,
Szyman

9 REPLIES 9

rjrumfelt
Level 6
and it comes back with errors, your best course of action is to opena  case with Symantec support, and they will examine the output of the NBCC utility and instruct you on how to correct the inconsistencies.

fieldnmultistre
Level 3

been able to actually resolve the NBCC issues on their own without having to contact support?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
(& there are some of these errors on the Web, but nothing for this one)

Some are 'insignificant' and can easily be ignored (ephemeral tape statuses), some easily rectified by the 'user', others only by intervention of Symantec Support - if we had a list we could cut down of some of your work Symantec! ;)

Can you see in any of the output/logs anything that may indicate where the issue is? I'm sure with the NBCC I ran before going from 5.1 to 6.5 there was some indication where the issue was - it was some time ago tho' so maybe it was Support that advised me of this also!

***EDIT***
Dug out my old e-mail archives & I did indeed send off the NBCC output bundle (zip) to Support for their evaluation & they returned a txt file for me to check through. Not sure if this was something that was already in the bundle or whether it was the result of some black-magic that Support performed! In our instance it was just a couple tapes that were the issue "***WARNING*** Tapes in mediaDB or image DB that are not assigned in the volDB" & so was a straight-forward fix.

Szyman
Level 2
Partner Accredited

I opened case in Symantec support, and they examine the output and send request about new nbcc output then examine and request and  examine and .....
I get error at point 5.8  Processing Media DB, pass 2 (of 3), 446 records to be processed CONSISTENCY_ERROR Integ_5_2

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
to follow to correct this error?

Szyman
Level 2
Partner Accredited
I'm still waiting for correct this error and sending new nbcc outputs... from few weeks

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NBCC has three components:

NBCC (collector), NBCCR (repair tool) and NBCC( analysis tool).

First two are given to all customers, but these are dumb tools.
The NBCC analysis tool performs automated analysis of the files were collected by the collector tool and produces an SRA (suggested repair action) file, which can be used by NBCCR. 

NBCC collector's output is not something human-readable, it's optimized for automated processing by the analysis tool, that's why everyone opens case with support. 

Szyman
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

So if somebody is interesting in this subject. You can get CONSISTENCY_ERROR Integ_5_2 if:
1. Some Media are overwritten
Media are Missing from mediaDB on media server 

This two bad in my catalog.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
what was done to correct these two issues?