cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBCHECK.exe is running on the client Windows Machine , is this a mandatory service/daemon ?

Rick89
Level 1

,NBCHECK.exe is running on the client Windows Machine , is this a mandatory service/daemon ?  How can we get rid of this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lowell_Palecek
Level 6
Employee

Nbcheck is a pre-installation program that does some checks to try to make sure the installation will be successful before proceeding. I don't expect it to be running after the installation is complete. I checked one of my Windows 2008R2 clients that's running NetBackup 8.0. Nbcheck is not running on it.

Note, if you use the Microsoft terminal service client, mstsc, to log into your system, make sure to include the /console option. Otherwise you won't see pop-ups that programs such as nbcheck produce. It will only seem like whatever program produced the pop-up hung.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Lowell_Palecek
Level 6
Employee

Nbcheck is a pre-installation program that does some checks to try to make sure the installation will be successful before proceeding. I don't expect it to be running after the installation is complete. I checked one of my Windows 2008R2 clients that's running NetBackup 8.0. Nbcheck is not running on it.

Note, if you use the Microsoft terminal service client, mstsc, to log into your system, make sure to include the /console option. Otherwise you won't see pop-ups that programs such as nbcheck produce. It will only seem like whatever program produced the pop-up hung.