cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBDB.log error

Kayser
Level 3

Hi, people.

We work with Netbackup 7.7.3 in Windows Server2012 R2.

The service Netbackup Relational Database Manager is not working, and in the server.log we can see:

Line 7876: I. 02/13 23:24:44. Transaction log: NBDB.log...
Line 7878: E. 02/13 23:24:45. Error: Database cannot be started -- NBDB.log is an invalid transaction log
Line 7880: E. 02/13 23:24:45. Database cannot be started -- NBDB.log is an invalid transaction log

Anyone can help me?

Very thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne, the problem was not only the log file corrupted. With the support help, the first activity was following this article:

How To: Rebuild Enterprise Media Manager (EMM) transaction log for Windows

Article ID:100021566

But we had to recover the  database from the last successful backup, following the Ntebackup 77 Troubleshooting Guide. page 181, second option:

• To recover relational database files from staging if the database is corrupted

Now the Netbackup is running OK, and the Veritas Support Engineer is trying to find out why the database became corrupted.

Obs. (Sorry by my English...)

Very thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks, Marianne.

At this moment I´m at the telephone with the Veritas Suport Team.

When finished, I´ll post the results...

Very thanks...

Marianne, the problem was not only the log file corrupted. With the support help, the first activity was following this article:

How To: Rebuild Enterprise Media Manager (EMM) transaction log for Windows

Article ID:100021566

But we had to recover the  database from the last successful backup, following the Ntebackup 77 Troubleshooting Guide. page 181, second option:

• To recover relational database files from staging if the database is corrupted

Now the Netbackup is running OK, and the Veritas Support Engineer is trying to find out why the database became corrupted.

Obs. (Sorry by my English...)

Very thanks.