cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBDevquery command

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi

I'm trying to find the correct command to see if a DD storage server has been configured for a particular media server. The scenario is that I have two 8.1.1 media servers each with a DD storage server configured. I now need to add the credentials of the each storage server to the 'other' media server - such that Media server A can connect to the storage server on Media Server B and vice versa. The plug-in is installed on both as this was done when the storage server was first configured but I'm uncertain if (at the time) the storage server and credentials for the partner storage server were also added - how can I tell what storage server\credentials have been added to each media server? is it the following command:

nbdevquery -liststs   (run on each media server??)

Will that show me what is configured for each media server or just that there are two storage servers in total

thanks

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst

Check box is fine. Once you run tpconfig -add the credentials go into the EMM. If you want more media servers to have access, it just add / authorizes them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst

Try

tpconfig -dsh -all_hosts

CadenL

many thanks -I'll give that a try when I can

On a similar note - are the Storage Server credentials stored on each media server or supplied by the master server? e.g. if Media server A already has credentials for Storage Server A and I want to allow Media Server B access to Storage Server A as well  - do I first need to use run tpconfig -add -storage_server <sts_name> -stype DataDomain -sts_user_id <userid> -password <pw> on Media Server B to add the storage and credentials or do I just need to add Media Server B by selecting the media server check box in the storage server properties dialogue box?

thanks

RiaanBadenhorst

Check box is fine. Once you run tpconfig -add the credentials go into the EMM. If you want more media servers to have access, it just add / authorizes them.