cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBPEM dying

Steve_forrester
Level 3
Exactly one week ago our veritas went to sleep "no proxy found" Posted to the board and got great response. Well one week later to the day and same thing.

May have cornered the problem. Looks like nbpem is stopped.

Found a tech note doc id 283232 that looks like us. What is interesting is the core file in root was generated by nbpem but it was dated 2/25/07. I would have thought it would have been generated yesterday 2/28 or today 3/1 when we went to sleep.

We are solaris 8 nbdc 6.0 mp2. Is the only fix upgrading to mp3 and above. We were hoping to wait until 6.5 comes out. Doeas anyone know when6.5 will be available?

Now the other question is we been on 6.0mp2 since last June and do not recall having this problem until maybe once aroung Christmas. But now we have had the problem twice in one week.

By the way we did patch the boxes 1/31 for dst.

Again Thanks for all your help
1 REPLY 1

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
You already have answer for your problem.

It is a known bug/issue with 6.0 MP1 and 6.0 MP2, so if you want to fix it, upgrade to MP4. I have been using MP4 for around 2 months now and haven't seen any issue. If you do not want o apply MP, you have Workaround too and that is to restart NBU.

Bugs don't follow similar pattern all the time but under some favorable conditions they pop up so very often. May be your catalog size or some new device or other change is providing that favorable condition (If I remember correct you had some disk/filesystem issue).

If I was having this issue, I would patch it to MP4 instead of waiting for 6.5.Message was edited by:
RK