cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBRB wont start

The_Director
Level 5
Certified
We had our disk fill up and once we deleted some logs now I can't start the nbrb daemon.

I am running Netbackup 6.0 MP3 on Linux SLES9.

I have tried everything I can think of and nothing has fixed it. I am waiting for Symantec to call me back but am unable to run any jobs currently please help.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Lance_Hoskins
Level 6
Not good. Without the resourse broker you're not backing anything up.

So how did you delete the logs? Did you delete them in a friendly fashion or did you hit the delete key?

Stumpr2
Level 6
>We had our disk fill up ...

Is this the disk that the NetBackup db is on?
If so...PLEASE wait until you have symantec on the line.
You don't want to make it worse.

especially on a Friday afternoon!
I suggest you call symantec back and raise it to a critical severity and ask to be immediately transferred to a NetBackup support engineer.Message was edited by:
Bob Stump

The_Director
Level 5
Certified
find. -ctime +4 -exec rm '{}' \;

Not sure if this a graceful or not...

The_Director
Level 5
Certified
Yes our /usr is 100GB and it filled up this morning. We need to have this fixed before our weekend backups. I hope its not hosed.

Lance_Hoskins
Level 6
I'm 100% with Bob. If backups stopped because your catalog drive filled up, you're more than likely missing data and should wait to hear from the pro's before moving forward. Us rookies on the forums could get you into more trouble! ;)

Stumpr2
Level 6
> Netbackup 6.0 MP3 on Linux SLES9

If you had a 5.x system on HPUX or Solaris, I might be able to help you, but I won't even attempt Netbackup 6.0 MP3 on Linux SLES9

But if you want something to read while your waiting to be transferred to an engineer...
DOCUMENTATION: A new feature implemented in Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server 6.0 Maintenance Pack 3 will provide a failsafe for "disk full" conditions
http://support.veritas.com/docs/283693

and to prevent this from happening in the future.
DOCUMENTATION: Best Practice recommendations for enabling and gathering Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.0 logging
http://support.veritas.com/docs/282865Message was edited by:
Bob Stump