Highlighted

NBRNTD logs causing a space issue since NB media servers upgrade to 8.0

We recently upgraded our media servers (linux) to 8.0. We have three datacenters. Since we upgraded our 3rd Datacenter's media servers, the NBRNTD logs have been causing the directory to fill up to 100%. This only has occurred for one of the three DCs. Is this a known issue with 8.0? And any educated guesses as to why it's only occurring to the media servers of the one location?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Re: NBRNTD logs causing a space issue since NB media servers upgrade to 8.0

I had to end up working with support on this. It turns out that the logs were filling due to certain policies being set up for Resiliency a couple years ago (under a different team) for an issue that no longer exists. I removed them from the list, and no longer have the space issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Re: NBRNTD logs causing a space issue since NB media servers upgrade to 8.0

Try to set the debug level back to default values:

vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 387 -s DebugLevel=1 -s DiagnosticLevel=6

Re: NBRNTD logs causing a space issue since NB media servers upgrade to 8.0

Thanks Nicolai, I also just found this  related command in another VOX discussion: vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 387 -s DebugLevel=1 -s DiagnosticLevel=1

 

Any idea why this just starting happening after the upgrade?

Re: NBRNTD logs causing a space issue since NB media servers upgrade to 8.0

Sorry - no idea. 

By the way you can use this command to clean up old logs, its really handy:

-b after

-e brefore

vxlogmgr --del -p 51216 -b '03/15/2010 12:00:00 PM'

Above command will delete all unifyed log files made after march the 15th.

Accepted Solution!

Re: NBRNTD logs causing a space issue since NB media servers upgrade to 8.0

I had to end up working with support on this. It turns out that the logs were filling due to certain policies being set up for Resiliency a couple years ago (under a different team) for an issue that no longer exists. I removed them from the list, and no longer have the space issue.

View solution in original post