cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBRNTD logs causing a space issue since NB media servers upgrade to 8.0

DoubleP
Level 5

We recently upgraded our media servers (linux) to 8.0. We have three datacenters. Since we upgraded our 3rd Datacenter's media servers, the NBRNTD logs have been causing the directory to fill up to 100%. This only has occurred for one of the three DCs. Is this a known issue with 8.0? And any educated guesses as to why it's only occurring to the media servers of the one location?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had to end up working with support on this. It turns out that the logs were filling due to certain policies being set up for Resiliency a couple years ago (under a different team) for an issue that no longer exists. I removed them from the list, and no longer have the space issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Try to set the debug level back to default values:

vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 387 -s DebugLevel=1 -s DiagnosticLevel=6

Thanks Nicolai, I also just found this  related command in another VOX discussion: vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 387 -s DebugLevel=1 -s DiagnosticLevel=1

Any idea why this just starting happening after the upgrade?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Sorry - no idea. 

By the way you can use this command to clean up old logs, its really handy:

-b after

-e brefore

vxlogmgr --del -p 51216 -b '03/15/2010 12:00:00 PM'

Above command will delete all unifyed log files made after march the 15th.

I had to end up working with support on this. It turns out that the logs were filling due to certain policies being set up for Resiliency a couple years ago (under a different team) for an issue that no longer exists. I removed them from the list, and no longer have the space issue.