cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.1.0.3 - NDMP backups in the activity monitor

MartinVi
Level 6

Hi all,

i have a question regarding the NDMP backups.

We could not see the "KB per Second" state in the Activity Monitor for NDMP backups is that normal? I need to know the speed of the NDMP backups.

Regards, Martin

9 REPLIES 9

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Let us know Is that JAVA console or Admin Console ?

but this is NOT normal ...

MartinVi
Level 6

Hi Yogesh,

we do remote NDMP backups and it's the java console.

Thanks ...

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Open Case with Symantec Support.

As i can remember, few months back I come across similar issue with remote NDMP & that time KB size was showing incorrect as compare to NAS filesystem & that time Symantec Support suggested me some EEB. & issue resolved ....

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The wrong kb size was for a 7.0.1 bug so should not be apparent in 7.1.0.3

There is one for restore rates not being show Etrack 2386858 that does not get fixed until 7.5

Worth raising a call

MartinVi
Level 6

Hi guys,

thanks for your help until yet. I have open a call to symantec to solve the problem. I will let you know the result.

Regards, Martin

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
The media server only captures the file metadata and throughput is not part of it, but can see in the btmp logs only filter the PID and grep for the word writen.

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

You might be able to determine the transfer speed from the ndmp device.  NetApp you can...  I think celera as well.

watsons
Level 6

I know there is such a bug in 7.0.1, but not sure if it's still in 7.1?

Anyway, check out these technotes:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH141872
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH167442  (this one is for restore, but stated 7.1 may still be affected)

Probably open a case, and mention the Etrack number.

Chris_V_1
Level 3

It works for me in my lab with remote ndmp to a 7.1.0.4 Solaris master/media .  Are you sure that data is being sent?  From your screenshot I see that you were doing an incremental.  It won't put anything in that field until some data is sent.