cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.1 Browse for Restore creates a restore job every time I click on an item

jpriddy
Level 4

Is it normal for a restore task to be created for each click in the tree when I am traversing to the item/folder that should be restored? 

I noticed today when browsing a system state backup that every click created a job in Activity monitor, went through the "mounting" and "writing" process, and then terminated.  Once the "job" completed, I could control the BAR UI again... until I click something, which results in another "job".  I never really noticed this before, maybe this has always been the behavior, but I don't remember this being the case in the past... and it seems like traversing a backup for restore selection is much slower than in the past. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

This is totally normal - it represents the process flow during the GRT Database information being mounted and read in order to present the results in the BAR GUI

Nothing to worry about until it runs for more than 5 minutes, after which it wont present your results usually - but an EEB is available!

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Hi

This is totally normal - it represents the process flow during the GRT Database information being mounted and read in order to present the results in the BAR GUI

Nothing to worry about until it runs for more than 5 minutes, after which it wont present your results usually - but an EEB is available!

Hope this helps

jpriddy
Level 4

OK, that makes sense... I haven't performed many backup/restore operations on backups that were GRT enabled in the past; in this case I had it enabled and was reading an AD system state backup.  Thanks.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

All GRT backups do this and that includes Exchange, SharePoint and AD

Glad to have been of help - dont forget if you are happy with the answer to set this thread as Solved

We love our ticks!