Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.103. Changing SLP destination

JohnOBrien
Level 3
Partner

Hi All,

While setting up a new SLP for new SAN disks I stoopidly entered the disk SUG instead of the tape drives under the duplication option.

I have subsequently changed this but all my duplication jobs want to go to the SUG, is there any way to stop this and divert them to the tapes drives?

kind regards,

John O'Brien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Deb_Wilmot
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The following technote describes how to change information based on SLP versions.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH145081

Note that you will probably have two versions referenced when running nbstl -L -all_versions for this specific SLP.  You need to change the destination STU for the earlier version. 

Backups run under SLP's are version dependent, so backups take before you make the change the SLP will attempt to use the attributes of the SLP that was used at the time of the backup.  The only way around this is to change the information in the earlier SLP version.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You should be able to modify the location of the previous verions of the SLP using nbstl command line. I'm not sure if that will apply to the previous initiated jobs. Might need to cancel and then redo them using nbstlutil.

Deb_Wilmot
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The following technote describes how to change information based on SLP versions.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH145081

Note that you will probably have two versions referenced when running nbstl -L -all_versions for this specific SLP.  You need to change the destination STU for the earlier version. 

Backups run under SLP's are version dependent, so backups take before you make the change the SLP will attempt to use the attributes of the SLP that was used at the time of the backup.  The only way around this is to change the information in the earlier SLP version.

Hope this helps.

JohnOBrien
Level 3
Partner

Thanks Guys,

Excellent support as usual.

John