cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.5 for MS-SQL Backup Selection

RT1
Level 2

I am trying to create a new MS-SQL policy on NBU 7.5.0.5 Enterprise Server and Client.  Both are Windows 2008 R2.  I select a MS-SQL-Server policy type.  Select the Windows client.  But when I go to select the backup selection, instead of letting me browse for the batch file that I created on the client with the MS-SQL agent, it gives me a  Unix directory structure including directories like boot, bin, media, selinux.   Like I said, I created the batch file on the Windows SQL client, not sure where it is getting the browse info from.

Any ideas???

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

did you check if the client that you have added in the clients tab resolving the IP of the unix server?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Simply type in the path (e.g. C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\DbExt\MsSql\bkup.bch).

That is how I've been doing it for 14 years.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Is the PC / Server where you are running the Admin Console from in the SQL Clients server list? Otherwise it will not give you access to browse its hard drives

If you have created your bch files in the default location (<install path>\veritas\netbackup\DbExt\MsSql\) then you don't even need to type in the full path, just the name of the file - so your slection list would be similar to:

alldbs.bch

Hope this helps