Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7 Dedup queries

thanosk
Level 2
Hello,
I have already tried with docs but still cannot figure out the followings:

1) What actually is client deduplication host?   Does 32bit windows do client dedup and how much disk space do i need for each ? I am confused because in deduplication guide seems ti me like all nbu deduplication clients needs to be 64bit and in compatibility list looks like 32bit client can do native dedup?

2) How dedup data replication, in order to maintain the dedup pool in two different site for disaster reasons?

Thank you in advance
Thanos
2 REPLIES 2

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
symantecevents.webex.com/mw0305l/mywebex/default.do

go the the symantec events page
sige up to watch a NetBackup 7 - Dedupe Anywhere Webinar
or
expand that list and watach one that is already recorded.

I watched one last week and it gave me a lot of insite to the difference in client/media/and appliance.

F_J
Level 4
1) Client deduplication means that the data "fingerprinting" (processing) is done on the client and not the media server, so that only deduplicated data are transferred caross the network. Client-side deduplication does not require any additional disk space on the client and runs on 32-bit clients as well as 64-bit. The media server for deduplication has to be 64-bit.

2) You can have two or more Media Server Deduplication Pools and set up duplication through SLP or Vault between them.