Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU BMR backup for HPUX v3

shahfar
Level 5
Accredited Certified

Hi Everyone,

I am backing up an HP-UX v3 machine and am getting the same issue as mentioned in this post:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/bare-metal-restore-failed-import-config-file

The client version is 7.1.0.3. Does the mentioned issue still persist in the newer version?

Thanks,

SW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

EEB 2572036 is fixed in NBU versions 7.1.0.3, 7.1.0.4, 7.5

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

EEB 2572036 is fixed in NBU versions 7.1.0.3, 7.1.0.4, 7.5

Regards,

Martin

shahfar
Level 5
Accredited Certified

The client installed is at version 7.1.0.3. So im guessing the issue is related to something else. What other issue could cause this problem? 

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Is the HP client a virtual server ?

There are many many reasons for this issue, would have to see the logs.

This enables the -o 121 log - bmrsavecfg

vxlogcfg -a --prodid 51216 -o 121 -s DebugLevel=6 -s DiagnosticLevel=6

This runs on the client, and creates the bundle.dat file

The bmrd process runs on the master, and imports the dundle.dat into the DB

vxlogcfg -a --prodid 51216 -o 119 -s DebugLevel=6 -s DiagnosticLevel=6 

These commands turn the logs 'up'

Use vxlogview to gather the logs

vxlogview -p 51216 -o 119 -d all -t 00:30:00  >/tmp/logs/bmrd.txt
vxlogview -p 51216 -o 121 -d all  00:30:00 >/tmp/logs/bmrsavecfg.txt

These commands collect the last 30 minutes of logs, RELATIVE to when you run the command.

So, run the backup, after the bmr backup part fails, you can stop the backup , nd then run the commands.  Please also post up the bundle.dat file /usr/open/baremetal/client/data/bundle.dat

We can also consider coping the bundle.dat file across to the master and trying to import it manually - I'l have to look up the command to do that - it'll be tomorrow before I'm near a server I can try it on.

Regards,

Martin

shahfar
Level 5
Accredited Certified

Hi Everyone,

Issue got resolved after updating client binaries to 7.5. The only issue I percieve is maybe 7.1.x did not have support for ASM or this maybe a bug in 7.1.0.3.

Thanks anyway for everyones input.

Regards,

SW

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

This issue was in 7102 patch version and was BMRDB upgrade specific. This issue would impact devices to their driver packages association. So if BMR master is running with 7102 version (even though client is at 7103) then this issue may hit. Where mentioned EEB needs to be applied on 7102 or move to later patch/major version to resolve.

Thanks.

Mandar