cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU BMR fails elxstor.sys file is corrupted

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

Dear All,

i need some one to assist me on the case, i have an issue while try to restore via NBU BMR 6.5.4

it performs sucessfully "Prepare to restore" but after we create the ISO image and tries to boot it. it fails by giving following error " The file elxstor.sys is corrupted" Press any key to continue.

Our NBU version is 6.5.4 and only one tech note http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/336632.htm  which says, 6.5.4 version helps you out.

but we are facing issue.

Kindly someone from netbackup expedite  this.

thnx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

After taking a remote support from Symnatec guy, he has proposed that Symantec NBU 6.5.4 does not support 5.2.0.12

then i have downloaded the elxstor.sys file of version 5.1.11.0
i am uploading the file, and replace that version of file 5.1.11.0 with the 5.2.0.12 in the SRT. and then create an ISO image file and then boot the client you want. it will work.

i have tried that, and it worked. So anyone can use this method and if still he stucks, he can take remote support from me on my skype id "shakeel.qureshi1"
by mentioning that he wants support from me.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
states:

"...
A fix for the ql2300.sys driver problem is part of the NBU 6.5.4 update release and should not occur for any SRT created and modified using a 6.5.4 Windows Boot Server and clients at the 6.5.4 release level..  A fix for the elxstor.sys driver is available for NBU 6.5.4.  Please contact support for ET 1746954.
..."

Have you contacted Support to get this EEB?

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

will u please elaborate what is this support    ET 1746954 or EBB?

i would wait for your input. thnx

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
and quote ETRACK NUMBER 1746954 (they will know what incident this relates to) along with the issue you are having. They will then supply you with an Emergency Engineering Binary (EEB) (this is like a mini-patch) which will fix the issue that you are having.

***EDIT***

Contact Technical Support

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
this T/N expands on this somewhat, showing the latest supported versions of the affected drivers:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/337079.htm

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

Dear , the version we have in our SRT is elxstor.sys 5.2.1.4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"For the "elxstor.sys" driver, the latest supported version is 5.2.0.12."

Personally I would place that call with Support to get the fix, unless it's possible to install an older version of the Emulex driver (which I couldn't comment on)

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

Dude, the machine is X4600 and its dead now. application is failed.

the only option we have is to restore via NBU BMR. and BMR have attitude;).

is there any way out? how to solve this issue?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
did you try the steps in the T/N that you quoted to "repair this environment you need to perform the following"

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

Veritas Support is delaying !!!!!!

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have U tryed a DSR ?

Dissimular System Restore?
try to run a Prepare to discover in the target server and restore the baremetal w/ that configuration.

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

Finally the issue has been resolved... i will post it in detail... but the isue we faced... after the sucessful BMR. full OS was not restored...

a very changed beheaviour... no cluster administration... BMR OS restore was sucessfull in the GUI but while we checked the OS, lot of files were missing.

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

After taking a remote support from Symnatec guy, he has proposed that Symantec NBU 6.5.4 does not support 5.2.0.12

then i have downloaded the elxstor.sys file of version 5.1.11.0
i am uploading the file, and replace that version of file 5.1.11.0 with the 5.2.0.12 in the SRT. and then create an ISO image file and then boot the client you want. it will work.

i have tried that, and it worked. So anyone can use this method and if still he stucks, he can take remote support from me on my skype id "shakeel.qureshi1"
by mentioning that he wants support from me.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Symantec need to change their documentation!

Both of the T/N's we've been quoting above state:

"For the "elxstor.sys" driver, the latest supported version is 5.2.0.12."

Anyway, glad you managed to get it sorted in the end!