cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU CLient for Ubuntu 10.0.4 32 bit

Simon78
Level 3

I'm looking for a NBU client to install on a 32 bit Ubuntu 10.0.4 distro, can anyone advise as to what the last client was to support this..?

I know that I will have to go back to atleast a NBU 6.5 client but the 6.5 SCL states that there's only 64 bit support for Ubuntu 10.0.4. in that release?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no way to find older versions of SCL online. I have one that is dated 2011-10-06.

If you have old NBU 6.x software for 32-bit Linux clients available, you can always give it a try. 

I do not recommend using anything older that 7.x on any server or client as ALL versions older than 7.x are no longer supported - whether it works or not.
Note that all NBU versions up to 7.6.x will also run out of support in Feb 2017.

Unsupported Linux versions can be backed up in 2 ways:

1. Via VMware or Hyper-V (provided the OS is supported by the Hypervisor).
2. NFS mount the data on a supported Linux/Unix server/client

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

According to NBU 6.x OS SCL, support for this OS was introduced with NBU 6.5.6.

I doubt that there was ever any client software for 32-bit version of this OS.

Get your server owners to migrate to supported OS....

Simon78
Level 3

Thanks Marianne,

Easier said than done, Yes I saw that the SCL states 10.0.4 is support in 6.5.6 but only for 64 bit, is there anyway to confirm if 32 bit was ever supported, or is it just  if it's not in the SCL doc then it's a no go?

Marianne
Level 6

There is no way to find older versions of SCL online. I have one that is dated 2011-10-06.

If you have old NBU 6.x software for 32-bit Linux clients available, you can always give it a try. 

I do not recommend using anything older that 7.x on any server or client as ALL versions older than 7.x are no longer supported - whether it works or not.
Note that all NBU versions up to 7.6.x will also run out of support in Feb 2017.

Unsupported Linux versions can be backed up in 2 ways:

1. Via VMware or Hyper-V (provided the OS is supported by the Hypervisor).
2. NFS mount the data on a supported Linux/Unix server/client

Simon78
Level 3

Great ideas Marianne,

Unfortunately I was looking for a full system backup, as it's from a company that we have just purchased and are attempting to integrate there systems into ours backup's being one of the first ports of call.

So will have to look at pressuring them to upgrade the host to a current 64 bit release