cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Catalog Recovery Wizard

felonious_caper
Level 5

So i'm using the wizard to recover a catalog backup from another system. I made sure the IP address and host names are the same as well as the version 7.0 but towards the end of the recovery i get:

13:17:53 INF - attempting to freeze media used in recovery
13:27:55 WRN - unable to freeze media 0080L3: server name not found in the NetBackup configuration (254)

I tried logging back into the GUI with capital NFS as the host but end up with the same error. It says it completes but with errors. All of my policies and what not are available but all of the media pools are set to the default netbackup. Also, not sure if its supposed to or not but my storage devices are not listed either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

felonious_caper
Level 5

I made sure over and over again that all the names were the same. After 3 hours on the phone with tech support (which was useless) I found that the issue was a symbolic link which was not recovered from the catalog backup. After recreating the softlink to point the images directory to the right place, everything worked fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

felonious_caper
Level 5

is there anyway to see what name the EMM is referancing?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is this thread related to this one of a couple of weeks ago? https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/change-master-server-name-70
and this one 3 months ago: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/moving-70-71 ?

Please share master server OS as well as all the steps that you have followed?

EMM name should be the same as 'hostname' output on master and can be seen in 'nbemmcmd -listhosts' output.
I would like to see NBU installation log as well as catalog restore log.
If we know which OS, we can tell you where to find those logs.

felonious_caper
Level 5

I made sure over and over again that all the names were the same. After 3 hours on the phone with tech support (which was useless) I found that the issue was a symbolic link which was not recovered from the catalog backup. After recreating the softlink to point the images directory to the right place, everything worked fine.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The problem with paths would have been obvious if you posted the catalog restore log.

You never came back with answer to OS question - I could tell you 3 days ago where to find the restore log.

It is a lot easier to assist when all relevant info is shared.