cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Client Agent Upgradation to 7.5

Dharmendu_Maity
Level 4

Hi,

I've upgrade my Windows 2k8 NBU Master Server. Does it possible to push the same to the NBU Clients servers using Master server or need to upgrade all Client servers individually? If NBU Master server able to upgrade the Clients centrally, let me know the process.

Thanks,

Dharmendu Maity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If Windows Clients is the same OS version as master (W2008 64-bit), you can start installation from the master using installation media, then select clients on the network.
32-bit clients can be selected from one of the existing 32-bit clients.

Unix Clients cannot be pushed from the master. You need to copy installation files to each client and install locally.

Another option would be to read up on Live Update where all upgrade software can be loaded on Master and update policy can be created to upgrade clients.

See NetBackup LiveUpdate Guide

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dharmendu_Maity
Level 4

Note that the Master server upgradation is from 6.5.6 to 7.5 and I need to upgrade the clients which are in Windows, Linux and Solaris OS platform.

Thanks,

Dharmendu Maity

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer Pg# 120 of NBU 7.5 Install Guide.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5154

Marianne
Level 6

???? p. 120 contains step 9 & 10 of 'Installing NetBackup Windows clients locally' ??

Marianne
Level 6

If Windows Clients is the same OS version as master (W2008 64-bit), you can start installation from the master using installation media, then select clients on the network.
32-bit clients can be selected from one of the existing 32-bit clients.

Unix Clients cannot be pushed from the master. You need to copy installation files to each client and install locally.

Another option would be to read up on Live Update where all upgrade software can be loaded on Master and update policy can be created to upgrade clients.

See NetBackup LiveUpdate Guide

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Actually it should be Pg# 115 onwards.