Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Queries

Dishant
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

1) Can anyone throw some light on Optimized Deduplication as it is creating confusion with Optimized Duplication.

2) Please correct me if I'm wrong in understanding the working of Optimized Duplication

Optimized Deduplication Working (Same Domain)

-> MS_A ------ DedupPoolA ------ STU_Backups_A

•   50 clients are being backed up on STU_Backups_A

-> MS_B ------ DedupPoolB ------ STU_Dup_B

• The data that is present on STU_Backups_A (50 Clients Backup) only gets duplicated to STU_Dup_B. 
  • There are no client backups running on STU_Dup_B
  • I can use either MS_A or MS_B as the common server depending on the configuration (Push Configuration or Pull Configuration)
2 REPLIES 2

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I can not find such term in 7.5 documents - only found "Optimized Duplication" and "Optimized synthetic backup". "Optimized Duplication" and "Optimized synthetic backup" work with OST or deduplication technology - "Optimized Deduplication" sounds tautologic.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

> I can use either MS_A or MS_B as the common server depending on the configuration

Yes, you can use either depending on the configuration - but, refering Deduplication Guide, storage unit configuration for push environment is bit complex and confusing. It seems that destination for push configuration requires dedicated STU, and this STU should not use backups for destination site. If you want to use MS_B as primary backup storage, you need to create another STU for backups.
Pull configuration is better choice, I think.