cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Upgrade 6.5.x to 7.6.x or latest

Arshad_Khateeb
Level 5
Certified

We had a meeting regarding upgrading netbackup from 6.5.x to the latest.

Can't we have the latest NBU software from Symantec without opting/paying for support?

Opting support will cost extra and we don't have that much of budget in pocket.

6 REPLIES 6

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Unless you are covered under support, you wont be getting any update notifications. Even if you already have the notifications you wont be able to process them. If you try to call support they wont help you. 

maintenance renewal is mandatory for any kind of support. I am sure you don't want to run your business in risk so a wise investment will be always be fruitful.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The only alternative to buying support, is buying new licenses for both servers and clients every time you upgrade a major version of Netbackup.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Maintenance for your company's backup software is like an Insurance Policy.

Why would you not want to have Insurance/maintenance for the product that needs to protect your company's most valuable asset - its data?

Arshad_Khateeb
Level 5
Certified

Thanks for all your inputs!

I understand that we'll be in risk all the time without support but still we would like to go with Netbackup if there is a option just to upgrade the environment without paying for support.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
No. There is not. Either pay for maintenance or purchase new licenses.

Arshad_Khateeb
Level 5
Certified

I know this was a foolish concern but thought of sharing what was bothering me and glad to have inputs from you guys!

Appreciate your time

thanks Marianne!