cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU and NDMP - Starting a specific stream from a policy

bunsen82
Level 4

Hello Vox community,

We currently backup our EMC Isilon data to tape. These policies tend to be quite large in data size, we use multiple streams within our policies.

I was wondering if it is possible to start a backup of a specific stream from a policy? An example would be:

NDMP Policy

Stream 1 = Folder A - 20TB

Stream 2 = Folder B - 20TB

Stream 3 = Folder C - 20TB

How can I run only Stream 1? Is there any cmd line option? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The only policy items that can be manually selected during manual policy kick-off is Client name (if more than one) and schedule (if more than one). 

Individual stream cannot be selected.

If you have a need to kick off different streams individually, you need to split the streams into different policies.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

elanmbx
Level 6

I don't think so - I believe the only way to do this is to kick off the backup, then cancel the streams that you *don't* want to run.

I could be wrong, though - I often am.  :)

Thanks - Thats what we have been doing but due to the size of policies in terms of streams, human error often gets in the way of things.

Im positive I have seen this mentioned before but beggining to think I have imagined it.

Anyone else? :)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The only policy items that can be manually selected during manual policy kick-off is Client name (if more than one) and schedule (if more than one). 

Individual stream cannot be selected.

If you have a need to kick off different streams individually, you need to split the streams into different policies.