cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU appliance version 3.1 web console GUI not working.

cc1702004
Level 4

Hello,

We have problem loading the NBU appliance web console GUI. It is not able to load. Can someone advice how can I troubleshoot on this ? Any restarting of service to reload the web console GUI ?

12 REPLIES 12

cc1702004
Level 4

I tried to restart the web service but still could not load the nbu appliance web console:

dmzbkup.InfraServices> Show all
Database is running.
Message queue is running.
Web server tomcat-vxos is running.
dmzbkup.InfraServices> Show webserver
Web server tomcat-vxos is running.
dmzbkup.InfraServices> Stop webserver
WARNING: Stopping these services may result in failure of some operations.
Do you want to continue? [yes, no]: yes
Web server tomcat-vxos stopped successfully.
dmzbkup.InfraServices> Start webserver
Starting Web server tomcat-vxos ...
Web server tomcat-vxos started successfully.
dmzbkup.InfraServices>

The output shows that the web console is running.

What do you mean by not working? If you can't access from browser you may for instance check if the required port is opened in your firewall.

Not working means cannot load the Web Console. We took over the NBU appliance from another provider. From the management server, I am able to putty to the NBU appliance and able to telnet to port 443 of that NBU appliance

What do you get specifically when you try to connect, any kind of response at all in the browser?  How did you SSH, by IP or hostname?  Can you use the IP to get to the web console?

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

From the management PC, I use SSH, i was able to putty via IP, this is same subnet, no firewall in-between. I tried to telnet to port 443 of the NBU appliance, I was able to get a response. However, when I tried to load the web console via web browser, not able to load the page

The connection was interrupted

The connection to x.y.x.z was interrupted while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

So if you try to load the web console via IP address, do you get the same response?

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

I tried to load the https: using both IP address and FQDN of the NBU appliance also got same response...not able to load the webconsole on the web browser...

mmmm, okay.  Did IP address get changed on this appliance?  What you're describing I've only seen with 1) using http instead of https, 2) certificate issue created when IP was changed (weird, uncommon scenario) 3) network issue in the environment.  

Stretching here, but have you tried another browser?

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

i tried firefox and IE. Is there any log that I can extract from the nbu appliance to give more clue whether there is something wrong with the web console ?

/log/webgui and /log/tomcat have logs that could shed light on what's going on.  I'd also suggest opening a case to get dedicated help troubleshooting to resolution.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

Sorry, may I know which particular files should i look out for in those 2 directories ?

Take a look at the access logs and see if there is anything noted.  You might have an error show up in the catalina.out log as well.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances