cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU client configuration

Lindsay49
Level 2
I have a VMware based Windows client that stopped  communication with the master.  The servers passed all the usual comm. tests. I beleve I can resolve the problem by going to Client Settings\Universal Settings\Use Specified Network Interface.  However, since the master cannot communicate with the client, I cannot do this.

Does anyone kown where the IP adderss is placed so that i could enter it manyally?

Thanks,
Lindsay49
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
On Windows the default location for hosts file is
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
Be careful if you edit hosts file with Notepad that it does not add .txt extension.
If you have a Unix master server, it's /etc/hosts.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

schmaustech
Level 5
What is the status code when you try to connect?   What does the C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Netbackup\logs\bpcd\<date>.log file show when you try to connect?  What happens on the master server side when you run the bpclntcmd -hn <client hostname>  Does the right IP address come back?

If using VCB backups, could this client be backed up via VCB or is it running MS-SQL or equivalent?

Regards,

Benjamin Schmaus

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
On Windows the default location for hosts file is
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
Be careful if you edit hosts file with Notepad that it does not add .txt extension.
If you have a Unix master server, it's /etc/hosts.

Radhakrishnan
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
start -> run-> drivers and enter and go to etc directory you will find the /etc/hosts

between try bpclntcmd command ( whole lot of options are there)