cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU for VMware: Adding clients in policy

NBU35
Level 6

Hi

we have recently implemented NBu for VMware, I am trying to add some VM's as clients in Flashbackup-windows policy type.

but its faling and I am not able to add them as client.

Reason: when I browse Vcenter and ESX host, I can see those VM there. But their VM hostname name Column is blank and Display name column is populated. just because of this I am not able to add them in backup policy.

I tried to add them simply, i was able to add, but its of no use and backups failing as its not able to take snaphot.

Please suggeest how to take backup of such VM's whose VMhostname is not populated while browsing Vcenter or ESX host.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6

try this

Policy > Attributes >Snapshot Client > Options > Client name selection > VM display name

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Will_Restore
Level 6

try this

Policy > Attributes >Snapshot Client > Options > Client name selection > VM display name

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Is that VM shutdown or may be the vmtools on that machine is outdated which might be the reason hostname is not getting reported in virtual center and to Netbackup.

You can update the vmtools and retboot the machine or as suggested above should resolve it.