cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU license

rookie11
   VIP   

Hello experts

In one of our new data centers i have a windows based master server NBU 7.5, and 8 NBU 5220 2.5. problem is i dnt know whether we have capacity based license or not. 1)  is there any command i can find out various license keys and details for NBU master. 2) is there any command for NBU appliance i can find out various license keys and details whether it is capacity based and how many tape drives n robots it can support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6

I don't see a way to do it via CLI.  GUI supposedly has capacity-based features but it's always said '0'.  When I inquired was told that's the way it is.

Details should be listed on your license document.  If you can't locate it then contact Symantec.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Will_Restore
Level 6

I don't see a way to do it via CLI.  GUI supposedly has capacity-based features but it's always said '0'.  When I inquired was told that's the way it is.

Details should be listed on your license document.  If you can't locate it then contact Symantec.

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

to see the licenses you have on you windows server, run bpminlicense:

bpminlicense [-path license_key_file | -M server] [-debug] [-verbose] [-list_keys] [-nb_features | -sm_features]

For appliance licenses, use the NetBackup Appliance Web Console and go to Manage > LicenseAll installed license keys, associated feature IDs, and associated feature names are displayed.

Will_Restore
Level 6

SymTerry, have you seen either method providing accurate numbers for capacity license ?

Sathish_Kumar_R
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

Capacity  based licenses and license features, you can find out in GUI itself....

Open Netbackup Administration Console -> Help (Title bar) --->Click License Keys

Check attachment for more details.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If capacity license, bpminlicense will display one license key and list all the features that are enabled by the one key.

For host-based/traditional license, multiple license keys will be displayed and each will list features enabled by that key.

In ANY environment, 'someone' in the company will have the hard copies or pdf versions of the license keys.
If you cannot find it, ask your local reseller (via email) to request your IBR (Install Base Report) or else you can contact Symantec Customer Care (link at the bottom of this page).