cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU license

Bachchan
Level 6

i have NBU server license on 1 machine which is acting as Master\Media. I would like to add i more media server which will be windows based 2 processor. will i need 1 NBU server license windows Tier 2? i dont hve any enterprise client. also will i be able to add the 2nd media server to the 1st Master server and control everything from there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you have a particular large client and you want it to backup directly to backup device and not across the network to a media server, you will install media server software using Enterprise Client license.
Present and configure backup devices.
Create a Storage Unit with 'on demand only' for this client server and select the STU in client's policy. We call this a SAN media server.

You can only use Enterprise Client license with Enterprise Server on the master.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
You need Enterprise Server license on the master in order to add a media server.
The media server will also need Enterprise Server license if it will backup network clients. If the media server will only backup itself, you will need Enterprise Client license.

Discuss license replacement with your local Veritas reseller.

Yes. A media server can be managed from the master.

Thanks Marianne for the reply but i did not get " If the media server will only backup itself, you will need Enterprise Client license".

Can you explain.....

Marianne
Level 6
If you have a particular large client and you want it to backup directly to backup device and not across the network to a media server, you will install media server software using Enterprise Client license.
Present and configure backup devices.
Create a Storage Unit with 'on demand only' for this client server and select the STU in client's policy. We call this a SAN media server.

You can only use Enterprise Client license with Enterprise Server on the master.

Thanks Marianne