cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU logs to identify network interface used for backups

Michael20
Level 2

Hello Team, 

Which log(s) can be used to idenitfy the interface used for backups ?  Need to show the WinTel client admin the backups are actually using the backup interface.

Thanks

NBU 7.7.6 on Linux Master and Media servers

4 REPLIES 4

Boomchi_t3
Level 3
Partner

BPCD logs would have the information about the Network interface ( IP's) used for connections, enable them on Media servers and Client both.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

bpbrm on media servers will show source and destination IPs used for connection.
bptm on media servers will show same IPs for data transfer. 

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Please run the following commands and the results will show which IP NetBackup is using to connect for the backup

On Master or Media => /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bptestbpcd -client client_name -verbose

On Client => C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bptestnetconn

You can also check from Windows Client Server - Open Resource Monitor => Network => check for bpbkar process => Address Column should show you the IP/hostname its using to connect media server

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I like @Tape_Archived  idea. Should be fairly easy to write a small script that loops thru all clients, to prove what network connection they are using

My suggestion is to use netstat.Netstat will provide you with a quick overview from where connected client are connection from. When I say "connected", I mean a client that is active communicating with master/media server. 

# sudo netstat -pt

look for the "foregin address".