cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU logs to identify network interface used for backups

Michael20
Level 2

Hello Team, 

Which log(s) can be used to idenitfy the interface used for backups ?  Need to show the WinTel client admin the backups are actually using the backup interface.

Thanks

NBU 7.7.6 on Linux Master and Media servers

4 REPLIES 4

Boomchi_t3
Level 3
Partner

BPCD logs would have the information about the Network interface ( IP's) used for connections, enable them on Media servers and Client both.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

bpbrm on media servers will show source and destination IPs used for connection.
bptm on media servers will show same IPs for data transfer. 

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Please run the following commands and the results will show which IP NetBackup is using to connect for the backup

On Master or Media => /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bptestbpcd -client client_name -verbose

On Client => C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bptestnetconn

You can also check from Windows Client Server - Open Resource Monitor => Network => check for bpbkar process => Address Column should show you the IP/hostname its using to connect media server

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I like @Tape_Archived  idea. Should be fairly easy to write a small script that loops thru all clients, to prove what network connection they are using

My suggestion is to use netstat.Netstat will provide you with a quick overview from where connected client are connection from. When I say "connected", I mean a client that is active communicating with master/media server. 

# sudo netstat -pt

look for the "foregin address".