cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU master server CPU 100% usage

BVshet
Level 5

Hi Team,

We have NBU 7.6.0.3 hosted on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise edition with SFWHA we run about 12000 jobs on master server, the infra has both Tape library and DD.

We are recently observing that the CPU usage on master server is about 100% during backup window.

We are now getting lot of SQL backup failures due to this.

Is it normal NBU behaviour or is it overloaded , is there a way to tackle this.

Kindly Help.

Bshet 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

I would consider to implement a Media server to move the I/O load away from the Master.

Think you should redo the sizing of your backup infra structure using the planing & performance guide

Also look at the technote about windows tunning for Netbackup.

One thing I don't is mentioned is that it is a good idea to change the power plan of the server to performance if it is one that have the "green" power saving feature

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

That is fairly loaded. 12000 equates to a job almost every 7 seconds.

What are the specifications of the Master Server nodes? Have you performed any tuning of the NBRB or Database Server?

Which processes are taking up the most processing time?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

What processes take uses the CPU time ?

its quite normal NB_dbsrv to use a lot of CPU time.

If the master is a VM host consider to add more vCPU's and maybe even memory if the host does swapping as well.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

I would consider to implement a Media server to move the I/O load away from the Master.

Think you should redo the sizing of your backup infra structure using the planing & performance guide

Also look at the technote about windows tunning for Netbackup.

One thing I don't is mentioned is that it is a good idea to change the power plan of the server to performance if it is one that have the "green" power saving feature

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue