cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU retention

BVshet
Level 5

Hi All,

I have a silly doubt for which I need solution.

Consider I have a NBU policy whcih has 3 schedules

1. INCR_BKP with 35day retention,

2.WEEK_FULL with 35day retention and

3. Monthly_full with 1yr retention.

Now If I use SLP with fixed retenmtion of 35 days then what will be retention of Monthly_full it will be 35 days as per LP or 1 YR as per schedule.

Kindly advice.

Bshet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You will need at least 2 SLPs. One with 35 days retention and another with 1 year retention. In the Monthly schedule, override Storage Unit and select the SLP with 1 year retention.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

watsons
Level 6

It will follow your SLP retention which is 35 days, however do take note if your SLP includes a duplication process - Netbackup will not expire that image until the duplication is done (and you can set your duplication retention to be 1year) 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You will need at least 2 SLPs. One with 35 days retention and another with 1 year retention. In the Monthly schedule, override Storage Unit and select the SLP with 1 year retention.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

It's the SLP that determine the retension not the policy 

Depending on Netbackup version - "Retensions Period" field in the policy will say "Determined by SLP".

Are you on NBU 6.5 ?

passing remark:

I recommend the weekly backup has longer retension than the incremental. When a weekly expire all subqent incremental backup have lost their reference and are more or less worth less. Extend the weeky backup to 42 days (1 week more).