cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU status: 800, EMM status: Disk volume is down

Rithesh
Level 4
Hi All,

Recently i configured multiple copies for for tier1 servers.
For second copy i assigned new storage unit.

For this week i gettin Disk volume is down error for few servers that too different servers.
The storage unit is up & running.

I suspect that for primary storage unit the max concurrent job is set 10, while for secondary storage set to 8.

Is this may the cause for the issue?

Master server -NBU 6.5.2A (windows)
Storage-Disk unit-CFS

Please find the logs for the reference.

Please advice.
Thanks in advance
Ritz
20 REPLIES 20

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Explanation: The nbjm process was unable to get the required resources for a job. An EMM reason string that appears in the Activity Monitor job details display and in the nbjm debug log accompanies this status code. The EMM reason string identifies the reason for the failed resource request.

Recommended action: Locate the EMM reason string, correct the problem, and rerun the job. Some generic EMM reason strings (such as "Disk volume is down") may require generating some reports to determine the cause of the failure. You can generate the report by means of either bperror or the various log entry reports, such as Reports > Disk Reports > Disk Logs in the Administration Console.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/302296.htm

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi

Do you have that checkbox "this directory can exist on the root file system....." checked ? Also check for the "on demand only " checkbox

Rithesh
Level 4
Yea both the check boxes has been checked.

Rithesh
Level 4
Also please find the disk logs form admin console Volume CIFS_DataDomain_Tier1WeeklyREPL:Internal_16 monitored by server is down S{cl-2060017} Volume wwdc1-no-ppbu01:CIFS_DataDomain_Tier1WeeklyREPL:Internal_16 marked up

Nik
Level 3

Hi,

I am also getting same error. Ritesh, this is exactly same error what i am getting.

The nbjm process was unable to get the required resources for a job. An EMM reason string that appears in the Activity Monitor job details display and in the nbjm debug log accompanies this status code. The EMM reason string identifies the reason for the failed resource request.

Disk logs says -

Volume CIFS_DataDomain_Tier1WeeklyREPL:Internal_16 monitored by server is down S{cl-2060017}

Any suggestions ?

Niks.

Nik
Level 3
Ritesh,

Have you checked configuration for  - If this copy fails on primary and secondary copy. Make it fail job on primary copy and on secondary make it continue.

Did you set up that correctly??

Dynac
Level 3
Employee
Try this..

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd -changesetting -DISABLE_DISK_STU_JOB_THROTTLING yes -machinename  <mediaserver>

Thnaks //

Rithesh
Level 4
Dynac, actually what this command goin to change

Rithesh
Level 4
Can you just explain the above command

Nik
Level 3
Ritesh,

Have you considered the other factors, like.. are you getting this error for perticular storage drive or perticular set of server which have same storage volume assigned?

Check the network utilization and behaviour of volume availabilit?

Try this options and let us know.

Thanks,

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
Above command:

DISABLE_DISK_STU_JOB_THROTTLING
If enabled, disables the disk storage unit job throttling that occurs when disk storage units approach their high water mark. Disk storage unit throttling limits the number of jobs that are started simultaneously to approach the high water mark more accurately. The default value is to throttle disk storage units approaching their high water mark.

boufnina
Not applicable
hi, maybe the authentication in the catalog backup policy must be configured

HEMANPR
Level 6

Work Perfect for me on any media and master servers.

If the storage unit is misconfigured:

If all the drives are in an "UP" state, verify the storage unit is configured correctly. If the density of the storage unit is wrong or if there are no drives available, a Status 800 can occur.

1. Launch the NetBackup Administration Console

2. Go to Storage Units

3. Delete and recreate the storage unit.

4. Try the backup again.

tintin112
Level 2
Partner Certified

Hi,

I have the same pb. I delete and recreate the STG and it's work.

thanks

NBU35
Level 6

Hi 

I am getting the same thng in disk logs. This is wat i am getting

1298601267 1 1536 8 server.nbu.vert.com 0 0 0 *NULL* nbemm Volume server_dd_nfs_stu001:Internal_16 is down (not ok on root)

but the storage unit is disk based and is mounted on NFS.

and dialog box "this directory can exist on the root file system....."  is unchecked and on demand is checked.

and path of storage unit is mounted at OS level.

please help me out here to resolve this problem.

HEMANPR
Level 6

Read my last post, That is the solution. Let us know Thanks

Dirk_Mueller
Level 5

Hi,

last night I got some error "Disk volume is down(2074)". The jobs are Duplication-jobs from SLP (duplication from disc to tape). I have NBU 6.5.6 on Windows 2k3.

Disc-Log:

24.03.2011 22:09:40 vms-zv05  0 Warning DiskPool Volume AD_VMS-ZV05_RZ:Z:\ marked down, Storage server vms-zv05
24.03.2011 22:10:26 vms-zv05  0 Warning DiskPool Volume vms-zv01:AD_VMS-ZV05_RZ:Z:\ marked up

This occured 3 times the night.

Regards

Dirk

watsons
Level 6

Check if error is similar to this technote: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH145674

Resolution is provided as well.

Dirk_Mueller
Level 5

Hi Watsons,

my problem is only temporarily. This orrurs for only a few seconds - up to 1/2 Minutes.

Kind regards

Dirk