cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU v7.6.0.2

trs06
Level 5

When will be the official release of NBU v 7.6.0.2 out to resellers and Symantec Partners?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

v7.6.0.2 is still targeted for the end of this month. The day it releases, you will no doubt see it on connect.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you talking about the early FA (First Availalability) release?

If there will be such a release, you need to be signed up on SymBeta.
If not, you get it on the same GA release date as everyone else. (Me too.)

trs06
Level 5

Not FA.  We are looking for a reasonable release date for upgrading our 7.5.0.6 NBU production installation.  We want to move to VMWare 5.5 with NBU support and don't want earlier NBU versions that require eeb's.

Marianne
In more than 15 years of working for various Symantec resellers, I have never received any early release of any NBU version. We had to wait for the public GA release like everyone else. Even when 7.6.0.2 gets released, you will first need to upgrade to the base 7.6 software, which was released as 7.6.0.1. Oh, and just for the record - FA is exactly the same as GA. Just an early release.

trs06
Level 5

We are waiting for the Public GA release, just don't know when to expect it.  That was my question.  Of course we will install correctly to the final install of v7.6.0.2.  We just don't want to run earlier releases of 7.6.

When is the release to resellars and Symantec Partners of the Public GA such that it will then be available to us.  We buy and upgrade through a maintenance contract with a Symantec partner.

trs06
Level 5

The Symantec Partner that we use has not been able to tell us when the Public release is expected for v7.6.0.2 and that is why I was asking the community to see if anyone out there knows.

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

v7.6.0.2 is still targeted for the end of this month. The day it releases, you will no doubt see it on connect.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

We don't pre-announce maintenance release dates because, when something invariably comes up at the last minute which causes us to push back our "target," we don't want to have disappointed you in advance by pre-announcing a commitment which we were no longer able to make.

Marianne

As a Symantec Platinum Partner, I only know what I see here on Connect.

All I know is that 7.6.0.2 will probably be released some time this month.

In the meantime, I keep an eye on this URL (courtesy of CRZ...)

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&key=15143&channel=TECHNICAL_SOLUTION&sort=recent

trs06
Level 5

Thank you all.

Terry

X2
   VIP   

Generally, FA = = GA. But with version 7.6, it changed because 7.6 FA was never made GA. Only 7.6.0.1 got the GA status.

VPATIL
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

If it's too critical to backup vSphere/vCenter 5.5, I would say open Symantec case, give proper justification get EEB which enable you to backup VMs under 5.5 control. I worked with one big client recently, did this. Again if it's not critical, I would suggest wait until 7.6.0.2 release.

woohoo331
Level 2

Will the heartbleed issue with 7.6 make this release even more critical?   I would think that it would in light of the security breach that this could potentially cause.

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Impact of OpenSSL "Heartbleed" Vulnerability to NetBackup & NetBackup Appliances

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH216555&viewlocale=en_US&impressio...

woohoo331
Level 2

That's great but which parts actually use the OpenSSL "heartbleed" code and what is their impact?  Should people remove any and all netbackup agents from systems that can be reached via the internet, ie., those in DMZ areas, such as web servers, etc ?  All the tech note says is that the fix will be in the next release and all we have for a release time is sometime this month, well the month is almost over and I see no real timeline for release.  So I am guessing it will be at least a month after this was brought to light before Symantec will fix this hole in the security. The bulletin very light on details just fluff as far as I can see.

LucSkywalker195
Level 4
Certified

Where I work just because it has a compiled version of the vulnerable version I can't introduce it into the environment. My Symantec Engineer Rep told me he doesn't expect 7.6.0.2 to come out until the Fall. My VM guys are making preparations to upgrade to vmware v 5.5 and this is the only thing holding them up. It's a bit of a dissappointment that 5.5 has been out for about a year now and Netbackup hasn't caught up with them.

CRZ
Level 6

You're free to open a Support case if you have a valid contract and specific concerns beyond what we've said publicly, but I hope you understand we're not going to go out of our way to tell the entire world precisely where we think might be the best injection points in NetBackup to just any interested party (or brand new account to Connect).

CRZ
Level 6

What's the best way to say this?

I would be VERY surprised if 7.6.0.2 took that long. 

(In fact, I'm hopeful we'll be talking about 7.6.0.3 by the fall!)