Not FA. We are looking for a reasonable release date for upgrading our 126.96.36.199 NBU production installation. We want to move to VMWare 5.5 with NBU support and don't want earlier NBU versions that require eeb's.
We are waiting for the Public GA release, just don't know when to expect it. That was my question. Of course we will install correctly to the final install of v188.8.131.52. We just don't want to run earlier releases of 7.6.
When is the release to resellars and Symantec Partners of the Public GA such that it will then be available to us. We buy and upgrade through a maintenance contract with a Symantec partner.
We don't pre-announce maintenance release dates because, when something invariably comes up at the last minute which causes us to push back our "target," we don't want to have disappointed you in advance by pre-announcing a commitment which we were no longer able to make.
As a Symantec Platinum Partner, I only know what I see here on Connect.
All I know is that 184.108.40.206 will probably be released some time this month.
In the meantime, I keep an eye on this URL (courtesy of CRZ...)
If it's too critical to backup vSphere/vCenter 5.5, I would say open Symantec case, give proper justification get EEB which enable you to backup VMs under 5.5 control. I worked with one big client recently, did this. Again if it's not critical, I would suggest wait until 220.127.116.11 release.
That's great but which parts actually use the OpenSSL "heartbleed" code and what is their impact? Should people remove any and all netbackup agents from systems that can be reached via the internet, ie., those in DMZ areas, such as web servers, etc ? All the tech note says is that the fix will be in the next release and all we have for a release time is sometime this month, well the month is almost over and I see no real timeline for release. So I am guessing it will be at least a month after this was brought to light before Symantec will fix this hole in the security. The bulletin very light on details just fluff as far as I can see.
Where I work just because it has a compiled version of the vulnerable version I can't introduce it into the environment. My Symantec Engineer Rep told me he doesn't expect 18.104.22.168 to come out until the Fall. My VM guys are making preparations to upgrade to vmware v 5.5 and this is the only thing holding them up. It's a bit of a dissappointment that 5.5 has been out for about a year now and Netbackup hasn't caught up with them.
You're free to open a Support case if you have a valid contract and specific concerns beyond what we've said publicly, but I hope you understand we're not going to go out of our way to tell the entire world precisely where we think might be the best injection points in NetBackup to just any interested party (or brand new account to Connect).