cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU6.0 - VSS and SQL error id 6013 - every time !

Alexandre_Rappo
Level 5
Hi,
each time we backup a windows 2003 server with a SQL DB and using VSS, we get the following error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: VSS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6013
Description:
Sqllib error: OLEDB Error encountered calling ICommandText::Execute. hr = 0x80040e09. SQLSTATE: 42000, Native Error: 229
Error state: 5, Severity: 14
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Error message: SELECT permission denied on object 'sysaltfiles', database 'master', owner 'dbo'.
Code: SQLCONNC 00000639
- Call: SQLCONNC 00000614
- PID:   00003008
- TID:  00004828
- CMD:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe
- User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM     - Sid:  S-1-5-18
I found the following leads:

I don't think the patches were in win2k3 SP1 and I am not sure they will fix my problem as it looks to be a SQL issue.

the key may be hr = 0x80040e09 and the thread from Mike Bazarewsky: permission issues

Anyone?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

calculus
Level 4
 try running the Netbackup Client Service with the admin account of the SQL DB side
e.g : the sa is the administrator on the SQL side and you are using the account " admin", permit admin to sa level privilege on SQL and use Alex to run the NBU client service.

ciao
Calculus

calculus
Level 4
 " ry running the Netbackup Client Service with the admin account of the SQL DB side
e.g : the sa is the administrator on the SQL side and you are using the account " admin", permit admin to sa level privilege on SQL and use Alex to run the NBU client service.

ciao
Calculus "

I meant use admin to run the NBU client service