cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU6 Catalog Content - Hot vs Cold

Steven_Moran
Level 4
Accredited Certified
There appears to be a difference in the Catalog Content  backed up by the different backup types.  a bprecover -l of a cold cat-back shows the expected directories (ie /netbackup/db, implying everything inside like the Activity Monitor stuff in /jobs), but the policy cat-back, when recovered, does not restore the activity monitor content.  Is that because a policy based cat-back doesnt grab the entire netbackup/db directory, or that it simply does not restore the activity monitor data?
4 REPLIES 4

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
I haven't looked for that information specifically, but you can list the contents of a hot catalog backup with 'bpflist', just as you can for any other backup. 

That would at least show you if it's being backed up in the first place, assuming it's not part of the sybase DB.

I'd be interested in what you find.

--
Darren

Stumpr2
Level 6
Darrin,
what syntax would you use for bpflist to show the hot catalog backup contents?
Bob

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
Find the image you want (with bpimagelist).  Then something like:

bpflist -d 01/01/01 -client <client> -backupid <backupid> -rl 9999

While the backupid should uniquely specify the image, bpflist on 6.0 appears to require that you specify a start date and a client as well.  (Why?  who knows).

A 6.x hot catalog backup should consist of two images.  One will be of type 7 (that's the sybase database backup), and one will be type 35 (that's the files, including the image directories).

I don't know exactly what information is and is not stored in the sybase database.

--
Darren

Stumpr2
Level 6
Thanks for the update