cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU6/MP4 merged bits don't scan host ID.

Jeff_Sundin
Level 3
Partner
I just downloaded the bits for NetBackup 6.0 with MP4 built in from fileconnect.symantec.com.  It took a could times to get it all, as it kept timing out.  I finally got it all and installed on a fresh system.  (I had previously installed 6.0 by itself, then upgraded to MP3, then upgraded to MP4 on this box, so I know the hardware is fine.

After the initial installation, I scanned the system to create a new Storage Unit and the system returns a "could not scan host id:  (103)" error and will not continue.  I have installed both the keys that were on the system originally and a temp key and neither has a difference.  I have rebooted the box a few times and no luck, either.

I then uninstall it all and reinstall plain old NBU 6.0 with no maintenance packs.  This goes fine and can scan for devices with out a problem.  The only problem this had was recognizing the LTO3 drive, until I install MP4, then it sees it all.

So, right now, my workaround for installing these new field replacement servers is to install the base image and then run the MP4 updates on each one.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
Sounds like something wrong with downloaded image. Can you try after upgrading device mapping file?

Jeff_Sundin
Level 3
Partner
I'll uninstall it again and go for the complete install again.  I just downloaded the device mappings.

I need to solve this, but would be surprised that the MP4 update file has newer device mappings than the installation file for the complete installation.

Jeff