cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU7.5 Java GUI hung on jumpserver

sankar_28
Level 4

We are in phase of moving the NBU 7.5 java console to other server where we are having NBU7.1 java console as the current NBU7.5 server getting decomission.

Both javaconsole has been installed on the server and 7.1 GUI works fine, but on 7.5 while we logging to GUI it got connected to master but from the GUI appears it got hungs, I am not able to click, it show for some time and displays the message pop-ups as application not responding.

Master server version: NetBackup 7.5.0.5

Note:

The NBU7.5 master is in different VLAN

Is there any thing that need to be work on the network or on the jump server for this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry, I don't know what a 'jumpserver' is...
A PC with Admin Consoles installed? 

If so - how are you resolving the 7.5 master server hostname? DNS or hosts file entry?
Or connecting to IP address?

If you are using IP address, please add hosts entry on the PC.
I have seen the Java Console 'misbehaving' when IP address is used.

Please also check for existence of a firewall. Port 1556 needs to be open in both directions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

how many hops between the jump server and the 7.5 Master server

tracert <masterserverip>

do you have any network latency between those too..?

Marianne
Level 6

Sorry, I don't know what a 'jumpserver' is...
A PC with Admin Consoles installed? 

If so - how are you resolving the 7.5 master server hostname? DNS or hosts file entry?
Or connecting to IP address?

If you are using IP address, please add hosts entry on the PC.
I have seen the Java Console 'misbehaving' when IP address is used.

Please also check for existence of a firewall. Port 1556 needs to be open in both directions.

sankar_28
Level 4

as you indicated, we refer the PC where the admin java console is installed as jump server.

we  are using IP to connect; let me as windows team to add host entry on PC and let me try connecting the master admin.

sankar_28
Level 4

there was no latency between the servers as I can access putty session thro the jump server pc with out  any issue.

Marianne
Level 6

Please also check in setconf.bat (in Java install path) that this setting is as follows:
SET FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP=0

Some (probably older) versions has it set to 1 by default.

sankar_28
Level 4

I use the alias name to connect java console on old jumpserver, on new jump serve after adding the actual host name along with the alias name , as per the ip configured in etc/host of master it works fine Thanks for the suggesion