cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBvcPlugin (Thick Client Version)

backup-botw
Level 6

Just wanted to share as I have some issues during this install where the communication seems to be off and you then cannot search for clients or do restores via the plugin. It seems that the go to answer if you open a case is to completey remove and reinstall the plugin which can be time consuming. I wanted to share that I have had luck with editing a couple files on the plugin server itself to adjust the vCenter server name information or even the master server name as well. You can change it to be the short name or FQDN as needed and this is much quicker than reinstalling from the .ova and so on.

On the plugin server built via the .ova:

/opt/SYMCnbvcPlugin/data/servers > vcenterlist (Change vCenter:servername)

> serverlist (Contains the master server name)

/etc > nbvcplugin.env (Change export SERVER_NAME=servername)

You will also find the port information in these as well.

I have also had luck with adjusting OS related name files by adjusting the files below which include DNS search string information...

/etc/hosts

/etc/hostname (Ensure hostname is accurate as your master server and vCenter servers resolve the same name)

/etc/resolv.conf (Edit search string and DNS servers as needed)

I am no expert, but being able to adjust these settings has allowed me to get the plugin working on 2 different occassions and saved me time where I did not have to completely reinstall over and over.

Also in the interest of making it a bit easier to work on as I do not enjoy working via a VMware console...you can do the following...

On the plugin server:

vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Find

PermitRootLogin

Change no to yes and save

service sshd status - You will see that its not running

service ssh start - This will start the service

You can now SSH into the server and work on it as needed. If you reboot it the SSH service doesn't start so you have to start it again if needed.

1 REPLY 1

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Good to know this worked for you