cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBvcPlugin Upgrade

backup-botw
Level 6

I am looking to upgrade the plugin from 7.6.0.2 to 7.7.1, but I am having trouble finding some documentation on how to go about doing so. From what I have found it looks like you have to delete the existing appliance and build a new one via the new .ova and hope everything that was changed previously to make it work will still work. Is there any documentation out there or maybe other forum posts that might be of assistance for this process? I plan on getting the current plugin upgraded and then also installing the web plugin as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

yes you must go through uninstall/reinstall. See NetBackup7.6_vCenter_Plug-in_Guide.pdf, pages 17-18.

I did it in this way for 7.6 ->7.7 "upgrade".

regards

Michal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Will_Restore
Level 6

No personal experience but that looks like the way per

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000097676

backup-botw
Level 6

Looks like they have some docs and writeups fo the Web Client plugin, but I am not finding much in regards to the thick client plugin. The thick client plugin is the one that you have to install the appliance for via a .ova. That one is the one I was hoping to find some kind of reference to how to upgrade it, but all I can see thus far is basically just a complete reinstall.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

yes you must go through uninstall/reinstall. See NetBackup7.6_vCenter_Plug-in_Guide.pdf, pages 17-18.

I did it in this way for 7.6 ->7.7 "upgrade".

regards

Michal