cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBvwcPlugin Install

Windy
Level 2

Having the same problem as https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/nbvwcplugin-install and tried all the above methods and failing

Environment Overview

vSphere 6.0 u1b PSC External Appliance

vSphere 6.0 u1b vCenter Server Appliances (Two)

vSphere 6.0 u1b ESXi Hosts (Many)

NetBackup 7.6.1 Master Server running on Windows 2012R2

NetBackup 7.6.1 Media Server running on Windows 2012R2

NetBackup vCenter Plugin Virtual Appliance (OVA) works well for the Classic C vSphere Client. However, installing and setting up the plugin for vSphere Web Client is a completely different story and my preferred option is to have the Web Client version working!

I, like many have registered / un-registering / re-registering this Web plug-in, unzip netbackup-vwc-plugin.zip into var/lib/vmware/vsphere-client on both vCenter Appliances all fail. Now I'm getting vops stack errors (probably a separator issue)

However, when I login as adminsitrator@vsphere.local I can view Servvices 'Netbackup Plug-In for vSphere Web Client (server1.somewhere.here) and (server2.somewhere.here) in the Administratration\Deployment\System Configuration  \Services panel. Stopping and Starting Servers etc. are all greyed out.

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I have moved this post to a new discussion as nobody pays attention to discussions that have been solved.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello

Any progress on this?

I'm trying to get this going on Windows vCenter but no luck. I don't get the step 4 (shown below). Where exactly should it copied to, a server has many a folder.......

1. In the downloaded plug-in folders, locate the netbackup-vwc-plugin.zip folder. Copy that folder to the plug-in package host web server.

The vSphere Web Client server can be the plug-in package host.