cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP Accelerator / Groups,Folders in interface

Skanska_ITCE
Level 2

I have two qestions to Veritas who took back their product :

• When do you plan to implement backup accelerator for NDMP for Isilon ?
  • When you plan to add folders to group policies ?

First question is related with poor NB performance with millions of files – just impossible to have fluent backup.

Second one requires some looking on your competition – other product (most of them) allows users to group their policies to folders/groups.

Now you get rid of old windows console with lack of functionalities to newest spaceship technology – java – with the same lack of functionality…really ? Do you plan any progress with that ?

I have two qestions :

• When do you plan to implement backup accelerator for NDMP for Isilon ?
  • When you plan to add folders to group policies ?

First question is related with poor NB performance with millions of files – just impossible to have fluent backup even from 10 node isilon connected with 200 Gbps troughput...NEW_STREAM...NEW_STREAM...only solution ?

Second one requires some looking on your competition – other product (most of them) allows users to group their policies to folders/groups.

Now you get rid of old windows console with lack of functionalities to newest spaceship technology, high end -  java ! – with the same lack of functionality…really ? Do you plan any progress with that ?

Google user on forums  "Create groups"  many posts since 2008.

I found that immage from posts from 2010 !

Regards

Bogdan

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This is a user forum, not official Veritas Support forum. If you are serious about your requests, get hold of NetBackup Product Management via your local Veritas office.