cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP error 99 after new share created on EMC Celera

pmj
Level 3

Hi,

We are using Netbackup 7.0 to back up our EMC Celera via NDMP and it's been working fine. The storage admins added a new share & I copied an existing NB backup policy and just changed the name of the share. The policy fails with an error 99 code and it turns out this share is on a different datamover than the other shares. The other policies for shares on the original data mover still work fine. It's only the new one that fails. I've checked permissions with the storage admins and they appear to be correct

The last line of the log shows the path as root_vdm_2 which I'm assuming is datamover 2.  This share is on datamover 3. Does that mean I need to authorize another datamover in NB?  

Below is the error from the NB GUI:

Dec 22, 2011 1:04:53 AM - Error ndmpagent (pid=4656) MOVER_HALTED unexpected reason = 3 (NDMP_MOVER_HALT_INTERNAL_ERROR)
Dec 22, 2011 1:04:54 AM - Error ndmpagent (pid=4656) NDMP_LOG_ERROR 0 SnapSure file system creation fails
Dec 22, 2011 1:04:54 AM - Error ndmpagent (pid=4656) DATA_HALTED error, reason = 2 (NDMP_DATA_HALT_ABORTED)
Dec 22, 2011 1:04:54 AM - Error ndmpagent (pid=4656) NDMP backup failed, path = /root_vdm_2/servername

Thank you,

Philip

4 REPLIES 4

Will_Restore
Level 6

sounds like it

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You need to configure datamover3 as it was a independent NDMP device. Datamover2 and 3 do not share each recourse's. That mean you need to configure separate networks connection into the datamover, two tpautoconf commands - one for each side, and different NDNP storage units (if using direct attached tape devices).

Been thru the same recently. I really hate NDMP crying

pmj
Level 3

I was afraid of that....thanks for the information. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!!

Pritesh_Pisal
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Have you check with the backup selection??? there shouldn't be single space after the selection path...coz I have produce this issue with trial and error method...

Just try....