cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP host not listed when creating tape device in Netbackup

markarkphire
Not applicable
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi, I am setting up a backup using NDMP devices and I have successfully used the tpconfig -add command to set up the NDMP host and it is listed in Netbackup NDMP credentials (netbackup 7.5) . I can also use the tpautoconf to verify that the connection is working.I can also use the probe command to receive information on the tape devices.

When I attempt to create the NDMP devices in netbackup (using wizard OR devices->tapes) I do not see the host listed so I cannot select it as the host which has the NDMP tape devices. I can see three hosts in the list but these are the existing master and 2 media servers. Without having this NDMP host listed I don't believe I can create the NDMP tape devices.

When I edit the existing tape devices or seleact add new tape device I can state NDMP device but the host list is blank. I cannot type on the name of the host although I can type in the device path of the tape device.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? It looks as though the list of hosts has not been updated. I have run the nbemmcmd list host command and it returns the NDMP host

The tape devices are shared devices which already exist and configured on the windows master/media servers. The NDMP tape devices are presented to a VNX5300 and these are configured successfully as tape devices on the VNX.

Perhaps I need some way of updating the netbackup software to display the NDMP device ( I have not restarted netbackup master server services yet as backups running)

Thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

Just to make sure, do you have the licensing for NDMP on the media server your using? Make sure you have added that key. 

When running the Device Configuration Wizard, plase make sure to select the NDMP option. This will scan the filer for devices. refer to HOWTO53061 for a walk though.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

Just to make sure, do you have the licensing for NDMP on the media server your using? Make sure you have added that key. 

When running the Device Configuration Wizard, plase make sure to select the NDMP option. This will scan the filer for devices. refer to HOWTO53061 for a walk though.