cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP restore fails but user thanked me for giving him the requested file. Hows that possible?

Nits
Level 2
Certified

I kept retrying the restore but it failed in all 2 attempts then i recollected that in the past even after job failure in activity monitor the file was restored. This time i had no access to the restored/destination  path so i simply tried to backup the restored file and to my surprise the job performed the backup successfully. Now this is quiet surprising. Do you know anything about this issue? I have done numerous NDMP restores but never saw such issue.

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Detailed status would be more helpful.

Nits
Level 2
Certified

Hi Riaan, Please chk the attachment for detailed log. its quiet generic error and not giving a hint of the real issue.

RiaanBadenhorst

Then you'll need to check the ndmp agent log.

Marianne
Level 6

Okay - just had a look at your screenshots.

It seems this was not NDMP backup but a MS-Windows backup of a CIFS share from a Windows client?

You need to tell us from beginning how restore was done, all screens from selecting client name, file selection and restore options in the last screen.

Maybe you can do another restore of a test file and capture each step.
The text in Results tab of the BAR GUI may give indication of why NBU thought it failed.
It could be merely a case of NBU being unable to apply original permissions.

Logs needed: 
bpbrm and bptm on the media server
tar log on the Destination client selected for the restore.

If log folders do not exist under ...\netbackup\logs, create them before next restore attempt.