cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP restore successful but no files restored

AbdullahMS
Level 3

I'm trying to restore a directory from an NDMP backup. Every time I try, the restoration job is successful but no files are restored. I tried restoring to the same volume and to a different one as well but nothing. I found a discussion here that suggested disabling DAR but it did not help either.

Restoring another directory from the same image worked fine.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

I have see this several times and normaly data ends up in the Filer root directory check that probably your filer OS is running out of space.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You did not mention your NDMP device type.

Some of them do not allow restore to a different path, only to original path.

See NDMP Appliance Information: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH31885 for capabilities of your NAS device.

AbdullahMS
Level 3

It's NetApp. Anyway, I always restore to a different path so I know it's not the problem. This is the first time this happened. What's confusing me is that it reports the job successful.

styunin
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

I have the same issue when I try to restore folder, but whe I try to restore individual file it restores file with 0 Kbyte size.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

I have see this several times and normaly data ends up in the Filer root directory check that probably your filer OS is running out of space.

styunin
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Omar,

Thanks a lot! It was really out of space ot the filler.