Hi,

Hi.

Master server
Netbackup Version
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6
It is Windows isn't it?  My recent experience has not been pleasant.  Even tech support says, when in doubt, reboot (or some variation on that theme).

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Kisad
Level 5
If you are using calender based backup ,instead try using frequency based backup and see if that works. also post your backup policy details.

Will_Restore
Level 6
run that command and review the output for your policy WIN_NDMP

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Maybe install 6.0 MP7 patch? Lots of bugs with nbpem in 6.0.

Have a look at this TechNote: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/294784.htm
TechAlert: In rare instances, nbjm and nbpem can fail to synchronize due to CORBA communication errors. When this happens, some jobs may be skipped until corrective action is taken.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
If so has anything changed recently that may have affected things?

I presume all your other jobs are starting without issue? Any other NDMP saves that are working?

Have you tried manually starting the job(s)? Sometimes there may be a minor issue & a manual start can be enough to 'kick-start' the scheduled backups.

Possible to restart services? Reboot? Severe I know but it may help. (That old engineers trick! wink)

Will_Restore
Level 6
It is Windows isn't it?  My recent experience has not been pleasant.  Even tech support says, when in doubt, reboot (or some variation on that theme).

shankar369
Level 3
Certified

Yes it is on windows, all other policies are running fine. Police WIN_ NDMP only not scheduling backup, everyday manually we are restarting the backup.
Rebooted the master server & waiting for the tomorrows schedule Calendar backup to run.

shankar369
Level 3
Certified
Thank you all, After reboot it is working fine, Backups are started as per calendar schedule.

shankar369
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

Thanks for your replay,

shankar369
Level 3
Certified
Sorry for the wrong input in version.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
As a consequence none of the following replies that have been offered to you as possible resolutions now make much sense!

***EDIT***
For those that missed it the gist of the original query was that scheduled NDMP calendar based backups were not running as expected.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I have marked Bill's post as solution

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
?

Will_Restore
Level 6
... for my latest predicament - a unix guy now supporting a messy windows backup environment  :)

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
laugh