Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM 6.5.4 disk layout

peter12
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi:

I'm thinking about setting up a Netbackup NOM server, i've been trough documentation but is not very clear to me about the disk layout for best performance on a Solaris 10 server.
I've got available 4 disks which i'd like to be RAID protected,so,  while it says that diferent disks should be used for NOM files and OS, and then NOM database and database logs should be on separate disks, it means that i can have OS and logs on one mirrored disk and the database in the other mirrored disk and have good performance? or each one should have it's own dedicated hard disk if i want NOM to have a good performance (and have a long talk with the acquisitions guys)?

By the way, if you have other parámeters such as swap space, recommended memory size etc.. for a 30 master servers deployment will be welcomed :)

thanks in advance, regards.
2 REPLIES 2

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited
           I really don't know about that performance expecifically to the NOM server,

I think that performance can be improved by separating the files witch the block is too diferent, and the files witch should be read more than writen, something like that,

usualy I put the log separate from the OS (most part of the time log is just write)

http://whitepapers.techrepublic.com.com/abstract.aspx?docid=1007593

try to find more documents about it. there is a lot of PDFs .

Cláudio Veronezi Mendes
EMC / VERITAS / SOLARIS
Londrina - PR - Brasil

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NetBackup 6.5 Backup Planning and Performance Tuning Guide (updated October 1, 2008)  

Chapter Design your NOM server

This might help you with sizing