cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM - Alert Summary

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Can anybody explain the incongruity between the Alert Settings and the Alert Summary?

When setting an alert you get to choose from:
Major
Informational
Critical
Warning

But when you look at the Alert Summary on the left you have:
Critical
Error
Warning
Information

So I can assume that
Informational will show up under Information
Warning will show up under Warning.

As I have not yet had a Critical or Major ( and short of changing a policy to be that and causing an error)

Will Critical show up under Error or Critical?
Will Major show up under Critical or Error?
5 REPLIES 5

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Seems the Major shows up under Error.
had to change an alert and make it go off to see.
Something they should correct in the next version.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It's always *supposed* to have said "Major" but I know that "Error" has snuck through since 6.0.

What version of NOM are you running?  I just checked on a 6.5.3 NOM and it definitely says "Major" there when I try to create a new alert.

I know the tooltips still say "Error" instead of "Major" sometimes, when you hover over the red icon.  I also see Etracks opened for it, but it doesn't appear fixed in 6.5.4.

The thing that really bugs ME is that the dropdown list puts those severities in a seemingly random order, as opposed to high-to-low or low-to-high.  I DON'T see an Etrack for THAT, but I'll ask around.  That's really annoying!  :)

Shashank
Level 4
R u using NOM 6.5.3 ????

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

My NOM is 6.5.3  and when I make the alert I get Major ( and you would figure it would be in order of serverity)  it is the summary at the left that says Error.

And I did a test to verify that an alert configured as Major shows up in the summary under Error.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I did some more checking around after my first reply...unfortunately, I don't see this getting fixed in 6.5.4 - and maybe not even until 7.0.